Medical Services • Women’s Health
Programs and Support Groups
We are committed to helping women and their families live a healthy and active life. To this aim we provide a variety of facilities, programs and support groups to help you.
Health and fitness facilities
- The Wellness Center on the NCH campus offers exercise facilities, personal trainers, programs and classes to help improve your fitness and overall health.
Support groups and wellness programs
At NCH, we believe that great things can happen when you gather with other women to share your experiences and feelings. We sponsor a variety of support groups and wellness programs to help women and children who are facing physical, situational and mental health issues. These include:
- Women’s Circle for Menopause – facilitated by a menopause nurse practitioner, discussions will address multiple symptoms as well as educational information for living well after menopause. Held the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Breast Center from 7pm to 8pm. For more information call Donna Teper at 847.618.5905.
- Adolescent AA Meetings – meet on Thursdays at 7:30 pm and is held in the patient cafeteria at NCH. For more information, contact 847.618.2700.
- Al Anon Meetings – support group for family and friends of alcoholics and is held in the Family Group Room at NCH on Mondays at 7:30 pm. For more information call 847.618.2700.
- Renew Through Sharing – support for those who are grieving the loss of their baby. For more information, call 847.618.8415.
- Begin Again – support for widows and widowers and held at NCH. This group meets the first and third Friday of every month from 7:30-9:00 pm. For more information call Spiritual Services at 847.618.4250.
- Compassionate Friends – a self-help organization that offers friendship and understanding for bereaved parents. They meet the third Friday of the month at 8:00 pm at Church of the Incarnation, 330 West Golf Road, Arlington Heights. For more information, please contact Beth Dorfman at 1.847.291.0622; Jeanne Stesanowski at 1.847.255.2659; or Angelo Militello at 1.847.933.1995.
- Positively Healthy living programs - for information on these classes and other upcoming wellness programs call 847.618.4YOU(4968).
Support Group Links
- Chronic Illness – Parkinson’s
- Mother-baby hour
- Cancer Services
- Health and Stroke Health
- Healthy Aging
- Diabetes Management
- Dealing with Grief