Medical Services • Immediate Care Centers
The NCH Advantage
Immediate Care – nearby when you need us
The NCH Immediate Care Centers, including the location in Mount Prospect, were established to provide convenient and responsive medical care for a variety of minor illnesses and injuries requiring prompt medical attention.
Families with children should find comfort in knowing that on nights, weekends or whenever your pediatrician may not be available, our immediate care physicians are specially trained to address a number of injuries and illnesses commonly seen in children.
Injuries and illnesses commonly treated by our immediate care physicians include:
- Sprains, bruises
- Minor fractures and broken bones
- Respiratory illnesses and infections, such as bronchitis
- Eye injuries
- Flu symptoms
- Sore throats
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Ear aches
- Minor injuries, such as scrapes, cuts and burns
- Skin problems, such as poison ivy
In addition, a visit to an NCH Immediate Care Center or to the Mount Prospect immediate care location offers a convenient and lower cost option* than a visit to an emergency room. NCH Immediate Care Centers are open 7 am – 10 pm on weekdays, and 8 am – 6 pm on weekends and holidays.
*Please contact your health plan provider or NCH's Patient Financial Services at 847.618.4542 (Monday through Friday between 7 am-6 pm) to confirm whether your health plan will cover services at an NCH Immediate Care Center.
If you are (or think you might be) experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 for immediate assistance.
Fully staffed by knowledgeable and experienced healthcare professionals
- Board-certified immediate care physicians, nurses and technologists trained to treat patients of all ages.
Comprehensive and timely care at every Immediate Care Center
- After arriving at one of our walk-in clinics, you will be treated as quickly as possible.
- Patients with scheduled appointments will be seen based on appointment time.
- Please keep in mind that patients who need the most immediate care will always be seen first. Our goal is to make sure that all of our patients get the best medical care possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- When necessary, you can also benefit from the full resources of NCH for medical treatment and diagnostic testing.
Expert follow up care
- Upon release from the Immediate Care Center, you may be asked to contact your own physician for further evaluation.
- If you do not have a physician, we can refer you to one of more than 1,000 outstanding doctors affiliated with NCH.
- To find a doctor affiliated with NCH, you may also call 847.618.4YOU (4968) or view our online physician directory.
Northwest Community Hospital Outpatient Lab & Imaging Services
Northwest Community Hospital also provides specific lab and imaging services at these locations:
- Arlington Heights—lab services and EKGs
- Buffalo Grove (1450 Busch Parkway)—CT scans, MRI, ultrasound, stress tests, lab tests, X-rays, echocardiograms
- Buffalo Grove (15 S. McHenry Road – Lake Cook Road at Rt. 83)—Mammograms, lab tests, X-rays, EKGs, Occupational Health Services
- Lake Zurich—Lab tests, X-rays, EKGs, Occupational Health Services
- Mount Prospect (Now Open)—lab tests, X-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds, MRI, cardiac diagnostic testing, Occupational Health Services
- Schaumburg—CT scans, Open MRI, mammograms, lab tests, X-rays, EKGs, Occupational Health Services
To make an appointment for Outpatient Lab or Imaging Services, call Outpatient Scheduling at 847.618.3700 and indicate the Immediate Care Center location you prefer.
- Available at the NCH Health Center in Mount Prospect, at the three Immediate Care Center locations in Buffalo Grove (15 S. McHenry Road ), Lake Zurich and Schaumburg, and at the Hospital Campus in Arlington Heights.
- Services include injury care, wellness programs, worksite evaluations, physical examinations, travel program and a variety of health screenings.
- Appointments are encouraged—call the specific Immediate Care Center location for services and appointments.
- Buffalo Grove (15 S. McHenry Road) - 847.459.6100
- Lake Zurich - 847.540.8088
- Schaumburg - 847.985.0600
- Arlington Heights (Hospital campus) - 847.618.3140
- Mount Prospect – 847.618.5400
- Walk-ins are also welcome.