Medical Services • Maternity Services
The NCH Advantage
Expertise and comfort, close to home
Since 1959, Northwest Community Hospital has welcomed more than 140,000 babies into the world. We provide a full range of advanced medical services and conveniences for you and your baby to keep you comfortable, healthy, safe and happy. Plus, our relationship with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago means you'll have access to top neonatologist specialists if your baby requires special care. We want to make the entire experience of giving birth a wonderful time for you to remember.
And now, with the opening of the new Women's Center in our South Pavilion, NCH has even more to offer new mothers and their babies. Located on floors 4 and 5, the Women's Center at NCH includes labor and delivery, a dedicated Mother-Baby Centerand our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Designed with you in mind, all labor and delivery rooms are private and feature natural light, soothing colors and noise reduction to reduce stress and promote healing. In addition to beautiful surroundings, mothers and babies receive expert care around the clock from staff dedicated to making the experience of childbirth safe, comfortable and family-friendly.
New labor and delivery suites offer a warm, supportive environment
- Private, home-like labor and delivery rooms equipped with the latest technologies and amenities for you and your child's safety and comfort.
- Overnight accommodations for family and in-room showers and lockers for dads in OR suite as well as centrally located in the unit.
- One nurse each shift provides care for you and your baby.
- "Baby button" in each room alerts staff instantly if you are concerned about your baby.
- Well Baby Nursery cares for your baby when you need rest—any time, 24/7.
Caring and experienced labor and delivery staff
- Nurse practitioners, specially trained nurses and board-certified obstetricians and staff work in conjunction with your attending OB.
- An anesthesiologist dedicated to labor and delivery is available 24 hours a day for the latest in pain management.
- Perinatologists who work with high-risk pregnancies make daily rounds and are available 24/7.
Lurie Children's neonatologists at NCH
- Immediately adjacent to labor and delivery is our new Special Care Nursery staffed by neonatologists also on staff at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
- Lurie Children's neonatologists provide expert care 24/7 to premature and critically ill newborns.
Special facilities are close at hand, just in case
- Three C-section operating rooms available within the unit for quick, safe access.
- Three private recovery rooms near the surgical suite.
- Four-bed triage unit.
- Six-bed antepartum unit for mothers experiencing pre-term labor, illness or hospital bed rest.
Our new Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) ensures tiny preemies or seriously ill newborns need not be separated from their parents to get the specialized medical care they need. Mother, father and baby can stay together in a comfortable, private room and receive compassionate, expert care from the best board-certified neonatologists and specialists in Chicago right here at NCH. Seamlessly integrated into the warm, family friendly environment of the NICU is the most advanced medical technology for neonatal care.
For more information on pregnancy, childbirth and motherhood call 847.618.4YOU (4968).
Find out how NCH can help you have the best possible childbirth experience. To sign up for a tour of the new Women's Center or to find an obstetrician or pediatrician, call 847.618.4YOU (4968).