As an accredited Level III perinatal facility, NCH also offers the latest in Maternal-Fetal Medicine for women experiencing high-risk pregnancies. Maternal-Fetal Medicine physicians, or perinatologists, from NorthShore University HealthSystem work with attending OBs to provide the best care for high-risk mothers-to-be.
- Basic obstetric ultrasound
- Comprehensive obstetric ultrasound targeted for fetal birth defects
- Ultrasound screening for fetal chromosomal abnormalities (such as Down syndrome)
- Pulsed wave and color Doppler
- 3-D and 4-D ultrasound
- Rapid magnetic resonance imaging for fetal anomalies
- First trimester genetic screening
- Genetic testing (chorionic villi sampling and amniocentesis)
- Genetic counseling
- Biophysical testing (non-stress testing and biophysical profile)
- Fetal blood sampling and transfusion
- Fetal shunt surgery
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine consultation
- Neonatology consultation
- Pediatric specialist consultations in cardiology, surgery, urology and neurosurgery
- Perinatal family support
Take a virtual tour of one of our labor and delivery rooms.
Download a comprehensive packing list for mothers-to-be.
Download an NCH/Community Resource List for parents.
Find out how NCH can help you have the best possible childbirth experience. To sign up for a tour of the Women’s Center or to find an obstetrician, certified nurse midwife or pediatrician, call 847.618.4YOU (4968). And join our NCHBaby online community for mothers and mothers-to-be.