Medical Services • Home Care
The NCH Advantage
At NCH, we've been raising the standard of home healthcare since 1969. Specially trained NCH healthcare professionals closely monitor patients to enhance their ability to function independently at home.
Recognized for excellence and quality performance locally and nationally
Home Care is not only a desirable health care delivery system for many patients, but it is also efficient and effective.
Northwest Community Home Healthcare hires only the best skilled professionals and maintains a superior employment retention rate. Many of our employees have been at Northwest Community for over twenty years.
Skilled nurses serve as the foundation for all home care services
They are certified in areas of specialty including:
- Wound care, ostomy care and use of wound healing equipment
- Diabetes diet management, education on medications, exercise and prevention of complications
- Intravenous and infusion therapy
- Psychiatric care including medication education, symptoms management and counseling
Therapists serve an important role in the rehabilitation of each patient
They have experience in both traditional and alternative forms of rehabilitation techniques.
- Neurodevelopmental techniques for neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, strokes, Multiple Sclerosis, and brain injury
- Orthopedic expertise for shoulder, hip and knee disorders, osteoporosis and arthritis
- Lymphedema therapy
- MacKenzie therapy techniques for back injuries
- Vestibular Rehab techniques for dizziness
- Cranio-sacral therapy for back pain and injury
- IMT – Integrated Manual Techniques, such as myofascial release
Social workers counsel and educate patients.
Working with patients and their families, social workers maximize strength and coping skills, promote patient self-determination and self-advocacy. They have advanced degrees and expertise in holistic approaches to care, including:
- Psychotherapy and relaxation techniques
- Personality trainer certification, including conflict resolution and interpersonal communication skills
- Geriatric certification
- Dementia Assessment, Care and Management certification
- Ethics certification
Modern equipment to evaluate and assess patients.
Northwest Community Home Healthcare clinical professionals use modern equipment to evaluate and assess patients.
All of our employees are experienced and trained to provide instruction on specialized medical equipment, which sets us apart from other home care agencies. They carry the following equipment with them on home visits to readily provide the best care possible:
- Cardiac monitors to conduct phase II cardiac rehab exercise in the home
- Glucose monitors to regulate diabetes
- Laptop computers for documentation of the patient’s clinical condition
- Protime monitors to check blood clotting ability and monitor the use of anti-coagulant medications (Coumadin or Lovenox)
- Pulse oximeters to monitor the oxygen saturation levels
- Ultrasound equipment used for rehabilitation and treatment of pain
- Vacuum assisted wound devices to aid in wound healing