Medical Services • Pediatrics
Pediatric Support Groups
Dealing with illness, medical conditions and injury can be especially difficult for children and their parents.
NCH provides various support groups to help you and your family deal with asthma, diabetes, depression, chemical dependency,
loss of a child, obesity
and other physical and mental health issues.
Our support groups include:
- Mother-Baby Hour—Led by an NCH prenatal educator, new moms and their babies share their experiences of everyday motherhood.
- Diabetes Support for All Ages—NCH is the only area hospital offering ongoing support for children and families dealing with diabetes.
- Dealing with Grief—A variety of programs to serve all ages, including grieving children, adolescents, and parents who have lost a child or infant.
Visit Spiritual Care Services for more information.
- Memorial Garden—Developed in honor of infants lost to miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth and newborn death.
- Alateen Meetings—Support group for teens who are dealing with alcoholism in a family member or friend.
- Children's Wellness—Includes information about school health and NCH's healthy classes and programs.
Register online for a variety of women and children's classes, events, screenings, and other happenings at NCH.
Rely on NCH for convenient access to a comprehensive range of specialized inpatient and outpatient pediatric services. Find a physician
now or call 847.618.4YOU (4968).